Friday, July 31, 2009

Does this count as a Date?

If you've kept up with this blog or know us at all, you know Will and I rarely (seriously, almost never) leave this house together unless all of the kids are packed into the vehicle. I think it's happened twice so far this year. And it typically lasts for less than 2 hours.


So, we've been married for going on 10 years. That seems like it should feel like a long time. Anyway, this afternoon, I made Will bring me a brownie sundae (I haven't been able to find the scale since he hid it the 2nd time.) I quietly slid out the door and waited on the bench out front. Hoping the kids wouldn't catch on.

He got here and we sat in bliss out there, just the two of us, for maybe close to 4 minutes before the kids started trickling out. At least two sentences worth of conversation.

What do you think....date or not?

1 comments:

Heidi said...

With young kids age 6-2, yes, Jessie. I would count that as a date. But then again, it's been so long for me I don't think I remember what one of those date-things are.