Sorry, this ended up being a long post.
I have rarely had days like yesterday. Seriously. By 9:30 in the morning, things were at the bottom of the hill already. Because gravity works and bloody flows downward. Our first incident was Nolan. I'll admit, I wasn't too concerned when he started screaming and crying. He is surely not the worst about this. But let's face it. Screaming and crying around here are not reserved for real injuries. Screaming and crying usually means something is wrong with a sock. So, I didn't jump up and run to my oldest child. He made his was back to where Will and I were and, while crying, told us Amelia had hit him in the head- hard. He was holding his palm to his head and when he moved it, we saw blood down his forearm to his elbow. Head bleed so much!!! We got it to stop fairly quickly. It's not too bad of a cut. His hair covers it.
I was also extra stressed yesterday already because I broke my tooth on Friday and was going to the dentist. I thought it kind of funny on the papers I filled out it asked what I was most worried about when going to the dentist. My answer is the cost. For sure! I don't worry about the work they do, just the cost of it. Anyway, my one small miracle of the day was that a filling fixed it and not a crown. That dentist has probably never seen a lady so happy for a filling. And it was the most pleasant filling I've ever had. I wish I could have my teeth cleaned professional on a monthly basis.
So, home I came, for a relaxing evening with the kids while Will went off to train people. Did I say relaxing? Ha! Horrifying is more accurate. The kids were playing outside and I need to reprimand Julie (big shocker) so I put her in her room. Three minutes later (this was not a huge infraction), I went in to see if she was ready to behave. What did I find? Only her hips and lower were still in the room. Her waist and above were outside the window. The one she had just busted out the screen of. Nice, I locked the door and left again. This time for about 5 minutes. She was screaming hysterically and when I opened the door, there she was covered in blood from her nose to her knees. Thankfully, she was only wearing panties to ruin. And thankfully we had the sense not to replace the ugly carpet in the bedrooms yet. She was quite scared. (While she was in the tub, I had to call my mom just to keep from going off the deep end into hysterics.) She wanted Will to see it, so I took a picture, which Will told me not to post on here.
So, we started and ended the day with large amounts of blood. Also large amounts of screaming; but that was the same as any other day. I am glad Monday is over. And hope the week works its way up. It can't really go down.
Random Updates
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment