Sunday, July 12, 2009

What's Cooking...Burning...

We use our grill just about once or twice each month. Especially lately, I haven't been a very goo meal planner. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, we were grilling out. I forget what we were having. But, I went out there and started the grill to heat up. When I returned after a few minutes, flames were everywhere! I opened the lid (which was closed for the preheating) and saw a clump of stuff. I thought it was the grill scrubber brush at first. But there was no handle. I started asking if the kids any of them had put something in/on the grill. The result was that Julie had put a clump of grass, a large clump, onto the grill and left it there. I don't know if it was really her but is was someone!

Fast forward to yesterday. We were finally getting around to having Will's birthday meal; ribs. I went out, as before, and started the grill to heat up. When I returned this time there were no big flames, yet. When I opened the lid I found a small notebook close to full-fire status. I was paralyzed for a second, since I was holding a plate of ribs and the fork for turning them. Will came out and got it off. Nolan was mad because it was his notebook (which, of course, HE didn't put on there) and he wanted to keep it. Um, it was significantly burned.

Next time we are grilling, Will tells me I should open the lid before I start the preheating. Maybe he's on to something with that....

2 comments:

Toni said...

You have 4 kids, who has time to think of things like that.

Heidi said...

Apparently one of your kids got Bonnie's Pyro gene.