Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Husband thinks I'm nuts

And he's probably right!  It was sunny today.  This is definitely worth taking note of.  I would not call it warm.  But is wasn't freezing- that's something too.  The kids were all different directions.  Julie played with whoever she could find for 5 hours- straight.  Boy is she cranky this evening.  And wants to play more!

Anyway, even with the sun, I could not get warm today.  So, around 3:30pm, with kids gone playing, I decided to go out and sit in the minivan.  I had intentions of watching the kids while sitting in the warmth of the vehicle.

Oh, Heavenly Bliss!!!

It was warm!!  And I could FEEL the sun on my skin.  What an absolute treat!! 

There I sat, for almost a full hour.  Reclined and sunbathing in my minivan!  I'm sure I looked crazy.  {Which is crazier though; the sunbathing, or the sitting in Kmart's parking about six weeks ago crying??}

I'm telling you- it was just about as good as sitting by a pool and soaking up those rays!  Except, I did have clothes on.  And as many of you know, we are not a family that loves clothing.  Although, I admit, I almost came in and changed into a bathing suit!

Hey, beggars can't be choosers.  And I am definitely in the "beggar" category right now, as far as this goes.  It's supposed to snow more this weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NOt wacko, just smart!! I do the same thing. SHHHHHH!

Heidi said...

Totally understand about the snow. It snowed on Daddy's birthday here. Even the locals are saying it's crazy. We're happy if we get into the mid 50s. I break out the flip flops to get Blake from school!!