I believe!!! And this is a miracle for me!
We took the entire family up to Salt Lake on Friday to stay over until Saturday. My fabulous husband had the part of entertaining the four kiddos. They dropped me off at the Lasik place at about 12:20pm. Then they were on their own. And I was on my own. I read. And wondered if after that day I would be able to read again. Or see the kids and husband again. These are the things going through one's mind while waiting....and waiting...and waiting.
Even though the wait didn't seem very long. I read and also had some tests re-verified on my eyes. That was fine, verify as much as you want. Just give me the right eyes. So anyway, at 3:35pm, I sat four-eyed and very close to blind- my name was called. The procedure itself was quite unnerving and disturbing. I've known how they do lasik for years, but never liked to think about the actual doing of it. It was not exactly fun to be aware of what was happening while it was happening. But, I was walking out of there at 3:45pm. So, I guess I can take ten minutes of uncomfortable freak-out-ness. Although, when I stood up off the table, I didn't know what I had gotten myself in to.
And already, I could tell a difference. It was like I had my eyes open under water. Things were milky and blurry and my eyes were slightly uncomfortable. (Only as uncomfortable as they were when I was last wearing contacts for more than three hours.)
Will (and the kids) picked me up, deposited me at a hotel, helped me take some sleeping medicine, and they left me again. When they came back at 7pm, my eyes still felt funny and uncomfortable. (I would not use "pain" for how they were feeling.) My vision was better though- not perfect- but I could see the TV and the clock on the microwave. I was only awake for about an hour- then I took more sleeping medicine.
Saturday morning, I went back to the Doc could look at my eyes. They look fine. Vision was not quite 20/20. Come back in a week. I have three different kinds of eye drops to take and I get to sleep for a week with these awesome, sexy eye-shield things for protection. I also can't wear eye makeup for a week. I don't plan to wear any for a week, I don't want to take the chance of powder flying into my eye or anything like that. I'm paranoid. When I went to bed Saturday night, I felt like my sight was perfect. Today, it has been fuzzy around the edges until it focuses after a few seconds.
So far, I give it a thumbs up. Even with the slight blur going on, my vision is FAR better than it has been in years!!! (Unassisted- of course) And it's at least as good as it has been this past 5 weeks of wearing glasses. I am thrilled! Thanks for everyone who has helped me!
Random Updates
12 years ago






1 comments:
Once again, I'll say I'm jealous! I know my eyes aren't nearly as bad as yours were, but I still wish I didn't have to deal with the whole glasses/contacts thing. One day . . .
Post a Comment