After the second visit to the doctor on Saturday, we decided to head to Temple Square. The weather was AWFUL- unless you're one of those whack-o's who like cold, rain, clouds and wind, and snow starting as you're trying to get back to the car.
Anyway, Nolan has forever been asking about the "Christ in Space" statue. We figured since we were all up there, we would give it a go. Even though the kids were mad that we couldn't go into the Temple itself.
A few things to let y'all know that I will never fit in at a "Utah Mormon". It made me a little sad that the kids didn't know missionaries when they saw them. Of course, why would the, we never see them here. Maybe once each year when they are invited to speak. If we stay here, they will not know what missionaries really do until they are sent out to be one. No wonder Utah missionaries are so easy to spot! Some things are done differently here and in the past, I have just figured that these people are from Utah and the know what they're doing. I am questioning that theory right now. Maybe the back-woods of Alabama has one up on Utah after all. (Except when it some to that one-room building. I will NEVER miss that structure!! :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment