Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Time Travel

Michael J Fox had that weird car with the flip-up doors. I have a '95 Saturn. And yesterday, it was my time machine.

I took a quick trip up to Farmington. I was all by myself. I couldn't help but to remember the old days, when I was young and free. I have not sung in the car in years. I mean really sung. Who would want to hear me sing? I'm awful! I spare my husband the torture. My kids as well. I'm off-key, and flat. I'm probably tone deaf, but how would I know?

But yesterday, I sang to my heart's content. Loudly. So, I was flashbacked ten years. I used to do that all the time.

The scenery was obviously different; sage brush and mountains compared to tall pines and small hills. But still, it was like I traveled back in time. Until I removed the key from the ignition anyway. As soon as the car was off, I'm back to being a mom of 4.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

"Oh no! A bridge and a curve!!" Remember that one?