Sunday, August 31, 2008

Selling my Yard

I did a yard sale on Fri. and Sat. I actually had more success when compared to my past attempts. My timing always seems to be wrong. I am pleased with the results from this yard sale. After all, my previous profits amounted to $10. Granted, I'm a last minute planner, so my advertising is only a sign out on the corner.

I put out mostly big stuff, couches, a dining set, an elliptical. All for cheap. At the end of the day, we had less stuff, but more than Will wanted to carry back into the house. And most of the big items were left. I guess my brain works differently than other people's. Nobody in need shops at yard sales. Everyone that came by just does it for a hobby.

I thought the Xbox and games would go easily. We sold a few of the games, but I guess everyone wants the absolute newest system. I'm not really an expert on that sort of thing. Probably because Will keeps us up to date on it.

But, what do I know. Anyhow, I made more money than I have before. And I actually have a small amount of cash for once. Maybe I can take my sweet hubby out to dinner for our anniversary.

2 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! I see you on Annie's blog all the time, and I was just looking at your blog last night (at least, I think it was last night?) You're way more ambitious than I am in just having a yard sale. My mom had a couple when we were kids, and just the thought makes me tired. Good luck getting rid of the rest of your stuff!

Glass House said...

Instead of doing yard sales I sell everything on Ksl.com classifieds, but its easier to do this when you are in the SLC area I think, and that's where we usually buy our dressers lol, we can find awesome cheap deals on nice furniture!!! Thanks for the comments and yes Vanessa loves being in school and I don't think she realizes she is the oldest at least not yet anyway!!!