Monday, September 8, 2008

Mud Face


And shirt, and legs...

I'm not even sure what to say.


The boys are off the hook on this one, it was a girl-only activity.


I think Julie set the stage- turned on the water and then turned it off.


Amelia has been learning how to get on the swings. She usually links it under her arms and "flies". I guess she missed- something.


Julie was out there totally naked, having already gotten herself muddy and stripped down.


I tried to hose them both off, but the water was freezing. Not to mention, my kids have managed to break the hose in multiple places. (My kids are capable of destroying anything!!!) There was little water pressure, due to the water spewing out at different points.
Sometimes, I am just speechless.

5 comments:

J. Baxter said...

That was sooo what I needed to see this morning, LOL! Love the "Little Sis" t-shirt under the mud. Somehow it just seems so fitting - how else could she get like that?

Between your post and your comment, you made my day!

Glass House said...

ha ha that's funny!!!! I have two mud stories that are hilarious...so my bro, sister and I decided to get the hose and wet down the already tilled garden, and turned it into total mud, we then seriously did some major mud wrestling. We were covered in mud from head to toe! My other story is we had chickens and my bro and I decided to make quick sand (we dug a hole and then stuck the water hose down in) we stuck a chicken in the hole and put the mud on it covering half of it's body, then turned on the hose and the chicken would start to sink, before it's head would go under, we'd pull it out! Talk about hellians, right? The chicken would be okay...

annie valentine said...

This is so funny. I'm terrified to let my kids play in the recycles aka poop water here in Utah.

McFarland Family said...

It's not really that I was "letting" them. I was baking zuccini bread at the time. But, this is mud from under the swingset. I do miss having well water though.

Glass House said...

I tagged you, check my blog to find out what to do!!!