Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day??

The grocery store here offers free cakes for your child to decorate for Mother's Day. Only up to 4th grade, and they said Kindergarten, but let Amelia do one anyway. What a nice little (yummy) project!! And thankfully, the frosting was already done for them too.
{You may notice one is missing, Calvin didn't get to make the trip.}

Calvin brought me a plant and calendar that he illustrated at school.
Julie brought me a book with her accomplishments through the school year.

I broke with tradition this year and went to church with the family on Mother's Day. I know, I know, some of you think it's atrocious that I would skip this....on Mother's Day!! It's been a tradition for years now. And sometimes, I'm even lucky enough to be out of town. Anyway, I went today. We did end up leaving early, but oh well. I'm at the point now, where things are not nearly as overwhelming as a mother as they once were. For me anyway. It's still not easy being a mother, but I no longer have babies. Babies are hard!!! {So are Julies, but anyway.} I feel like my head is usually above water now. And for years, I felt like I was drowning....continually.

As I sat, even sort of being able to listen to the speakers, I was able to recognize for myself that I do love my family. We don't go all our for Mother's day (or most holidays compared to others). A simple acknowledgement is all I really want. I do not consider myself the best mother; so I don't even deserve the holiday to begin with!!

My kids-thankfully-do not make me breakfast in bed. The have never heard of such, and please don't tell them about it. My husband treats me better than I deserve or earn to be treated on a daily basis. So, I kind of get mother's day year-round!

Mother Nature gave me two days in a row of sunshine and warmth!! It will be gone, totally, tomorrow. I hope it returns quickly. I made haste and overdosed on the sunshine while it was here. This included a sunburn and some mild heat exhaustion along with a few muscles. And it was so totally and completely worth it!

Oh, Julie filled out one of those paper about mom at school. I love those things! She knows me pretty well. She has me at 40 yrs old already, but I only weigh 50 pounds. Fair trade.
She knew I would want to vacation in AL, that's true!

I shocked my computer mouse the other day and thought I had broken it.
Sort of, the roller-ball thingy doesn't work.
I really fried the USB port that it was plugged in to though.

The tooth fairy had couble0duty on Saturday when the boys both lost a tooth!!


See our pretty pumpkin blooms :)





0 comments: