We got this new, little, puppy on Saturday.If you believe the kids that were giving away the litter, it is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a Boxer. I've never heard of the Ridgeback, but another name is the African Lion Hound. I've also never heard of that. Sadly, she doesn't seem to have the full ridge. She has some dark coloring right behind her head, but it doesn't extend down her back. She is supposedly 4 weeks old, a little young. I think there were 5 or 6 in the litter. She was pretty confused all of Saturday and woke us up at 4am on Sunday.
Her name is Bama. Other names considered were; Allie, Betsy, & Brownie.{And Spinner hates all of us now. She won't even look at us and spends her days out hiding in the weeds. Oh well. We had a good 9 years with her.}
The kids have been begging for a puppy for years now. They didn't know Spin when she was a puppy. Anyway, if the internet is accurate, this one should be a good one. As far as taking the brutality of Amelia. I wish I had a picture of her with the dog. She carries her around under her arm, sort of like a football. Imagine the puppy's front legs poking up over Amelia's arm and Bama's big belly and back legs hanging below Amelia's arm. It's quite the sight!!
I have actually touched this puppy. I don't remember the last time I pet an animal....but I had to bathe Bama!!

I had to include this pic of Calvin's "Billy-Bob" mouth!! You can see off to the left where he knocked that tooth out last fall. Then there's his outer-center tooth. He lost his left-front tooth at school the other day. That very front one is quite loose. And looks quite funny. It has been crooked since the accident, but is accentuated now. I think he's self-conscious about how it looks because he keeps wanting Will to pull it. Don't tell him I put it out on the internet!!!






0 comments:
Post a Comment