Get your seat belts on- it's gonna be a long drive!

We went on a day trip yesterday. We thought we were going to Capitol Reef, but changed our minds before we got that far. We got close to there and then turned onto Hwy 12, a Scenic By Way, also America's Highway (whatever that means).
So, I was able to see Grover (nothing) and Escalante, and Boulder ( the Indian place- it was pretty neat), Henrieville, and then some familiar places like Panguitch.

The trip was pretty nice. It's the first trip we've gone on without movies in the car for a VERY long time. Amelia had a few meltdowns, I had some very questionable times where I had to remind myself to breathe. I do not do well on switch-back roads. Or roads without anything on either side except death drops.

We really enjoyed the Anasazi museum. The kids loved seeing their houses with ladders for entry. They were building them last night.
How far do you think you can see in this picture? Notice the frozen reservoir in the center there. Interesting. It was fairly cool up there and windy, until we got down the western side of the mountain.
I guess the kids enjoyed it. Nolan was out of school W,Th, and F, so we figured we would do something fun. It was educational too. They are currently fascinated by Indians. The expanse and blankness of areas of Utah amaze me. I just always wonder what people in those little towns do for a living. They are so remote and seem so cut off from everything! Just miles and miles of nothing! We got some pretty pictures of scenery though, I think. Maybe we will make a goal of visiting every po-dunk town in the state. I will have to start checking them off. We like that kind of thing though. Things are more interesting when there is nothing else around.





2 comments:
Looks like fun! Ken's dad uses those little mini dots to mark things on his map.
I lived in Boulder for almost 3 months. It really is nowhere. Looks like loads of fun though!!
Post a Comment