Monday, April 14, 2008

Zoo!!

We finally had our first trip to the zoo. It's probably been fifteen years since I was last at a zoo. And as I sit here and think about the day, I wonder why I paid all that money and it felt just like home. I mean, there were kids everywhere, noise everywhere, odd smells and odors everywhere. I now know, that when I say I feel like I live in a zoo; I am almost 100% accurate.



The day was fun. The kids were excited; except Amelia was a little bored. You should have seen the look on Nolan's face when we went through that tunnel while on the train. He loved it! The weather was great. The drive up to SLC and back was without incident. We did not stop at all on the drive up. Now that is a miracle in itself. We came back with the same number of kids we left with; so I guess that's a good thing. The usual two got lost a couple of times throughout the day, but that was expected. They did not notice- or care. They are crazy! Julie liked to puch the wagon, she is so much her own person. Anyway, one time she fell and got dragged a foot or two. It was a little hard to feel sorry for her though. It didn't even scrape the skin. I missed looking at half of the animals because I was so stressed about where the kids were.


We saw almost everything. Before the meltdowns got too out of hand. Who knows when we will go back to the zoo? Back in Alabama, we had cows, sheep, raccoons, turtles, turkeys, deer and snakes in our yard at one time or another. Not one interesting animal has visited our yard here, only our Spinner (dog).


The white alligator is still there. The music they had playing was fun. But, you walk into that display, and it will NOT make you homesick for Alabama-it was humid! And it wasn't even hot. It totally reminded me of home. But it also reminded me of the long summer when you perspire constantly- well, whenever you go outside anyway.


So, the trip was worth it. But, we won't brave it again in the near future. Click the flickr link to see all the pics.

2 comments:

annie valentine said...

Look at you blogger you, here you are keeping a record for your family just like a good modern day techno pioneer. I'm totally impressed.

Heidi said...

It sounds like everyone had a good time, incidents and accidents aside. My kids are asking when they can go back!