Monday, April 28, 2008

Keep You Guessing

One can never get too comfortable with kids around. They will make you think things are okay and normal, and then suddenly let loose. This afternoon, Nolan started complaining about a big bug that bit him and his leg was on fire. I haven't seen a big bug since we moved, so I thought this likely was not the case. When, after 30 minutes or so, I finally got around to inspecting the leg, I noticed a large, round, red spot. The spot was about cookie sized, fairly big. He got shots last Thursday, and that's the only thing I could link it to. Even though it's been four days. Anyway, I took him back to the doc to have it looked at. They don't really know either because allergic reactions usually happen a lot quicker than four days. The other option is that some sort of bacteria got in and is infecting the injection site. We marked the swollen part so we can see if it grows or shrinks. If it gets bigger, it's on to antibiotics.

In the mean time, Julie was at home being Julie. One of the many perks to Will working out of the house is that I didn't have to load all four kids and take them with us as well. When we walked in, she was holding a rag to her lips and there was blood all over it. I guess she decided to shave. She only has two little knicks on her top lip, but they sure did bleed a lot. She whined about that most of the evening. When we ate, she popped them open again. Consequently, She did not eat very much.

That is a busier afternoon than we usually have. I hope the swelling is down tomorrow and we don't have to get medicine. It's just weird. He has never had any reaction to shots before. I never know what to exptect with kids.

0 comments: