Saturday, April 27, 2013

Whirlwind!!

What a week we had!  We have been planning for months to up so I could have my name called and I could walk across the stage to receive my diploma (case).
I almost cancelled it because it took such efforts from everyone to rearrange their work schedules and lives for a couple of days.  But, by the time I felt that way, plane tickets had been purchased, and there was no going back.

Which turned out wonderfully!!!

Two days before the commencement, a gentleman called and ask if I would be willing to do an interview with them about the program that allowed me to finish my BA at BYU. 
Sure!  Intimidating!

Anyway, we went up on a Wed. and picked up my cap & gown.
Then we headed up to hike the "Y" mountain.
Yep, all the kids.  It rises over 1200 feet in altitude.
Following Nolan was like following a pogo stick.  All of the kids did great!  And we even went to the top!  (Will and I went to the bottom of the Y last Sept.)

Thursday included my interview, which I hope has some sort of useful material in it.  However, I'm sure Hollywood will not be calling me.  Nolan got to speak on camera.  Will also has a great little part.  They will use this for a testimonial on BYU's website....in a few months.
We also went to a luncheon, where the same people would follow us and take pictures or film.  {Weird}
The pic below is at the luncheon.
 Official "Commencement" was Thursday evening.  But we skipped that.
My parents were able to come out for a quick trip and they arrived on Friday morning  :)
We spent all morning on campus and attended the Convocation.
(Same camera people showed up, I really hope they email me some good pictures!!)

We are not used to cities.
We are not used to social engagements.
We are tired!!!

We had more fun with Papa and Gramma on Saturday morning, but it's never long enough.
All pictures will be on FB.

0 comments: