I have been SO excited for this visit from my parents for quite a while. It was a planned trip that got cancelled and then re-planned as some situations changed. We were supposed to keep it a secret from the kids. Turns out- Will's not an expert at secrets. But it was mostly a surprise. Nolan and Calvin had a few unintended hints, but nothing to indicate a time frame of when it would happen.
We met them at a local restaurant for dinner on Will's birthday. The kids were extra confused because we do not go out to eat.....
Gramma and Papa brought presents for all!

Then Mom and I headed up to Provo for some nostalgia at BYU.

One thing I learned, if we had been there at the same time; we likely would never have crossed paths or met. She was there just over 4 years, compared to my 2.25 years....
Our stories and memories are obviously different, but similar. The campus is different, too! My dorm is torn down and being replaced....Mom's is still there, but seems to be inhabited by males!?!
It was a great little trip. We drove up one evening and stayed until just after lunch the next day. It was so great! I am very glad I was able to take a mini-trip with my mom!
Next time, we will probably take the whole family.






1 comments:
So glad they were able to come. How fun!
Post a Comment