Most of you know we were somewhat involved in politics while living in Alabama. It was all my dad's fault. Since moving to Utah, we (me totally on purpose) have not been as actively engaged in such goings-on. Will keeps up with the stuff. But, my taste has been quite soured over the behind-the-scenes stuff.
Will decided to attend the second annual Rocky Mountain Conservatives' BBQ. It was to be held up in Heber City at some cabin. He had planned on taking one of his friends....until I threw a rather unseemly, wifely, sort of fit. {It was not what he was going to do, it was that we very rarely even get 20 minutes of time with each other and I was a bit frustrated that he would go to extra lengths to attend this, but not to do something with me.}
Anyway....
All of the big Utah people were there. Congressman Chaffetz, Senators Lee and Hatch. State Congressman Wimmer (I think that's what he is), and Governor Herbert. I wish I had taken my camera, but I didn't. And I was rather glad I didn't have to keep track of it and lug it around. Oh well, Will took some with his iPod, but those will not make it to this blog.
There were also quite a few people there to make little speeches and announce they were running for some office. There were also a couple of musical numbers.
It was quite enjoyable and was a very relaxed. The political people had a contest of hitting golf balls into the lake. They seemed to enjoy that.
One thing that was kind of funny: the owner of the "cabin" we were at told everyone at the beginning that their vehicles could not touch the road at all or that the HOA lady would have them towed....seriously. {We had parked down by the entry gate to the community and taken the shuttle, but others had driven up.} So, well into the eating and speakers' time, we see a tow truck show up......there were three vehicles "parked" in the street. Two were with the Governor, the third was not. But, after speaking with the Gov's security, that tow truck left.
I guess being Governor golfing into a lake in a gated community in Heber City will trump the cranky HOA lady's authority.
That third car lucked out.
It was my first CPAC meeting and also my first time participating in a straw poll. It was far though and we got home at 2:30am. I am much too old for such things, when my kids woke me up at 7am....just like any other day.
Will decided to attend the second annual Rocky Mountain Conservatives' BBQ. It was to be held up in Heber City at some cabin. He had planned on taking one of his friends....until I threw a rather unseemly, wifely, sort of fit. {It was not what he was going to do, it was that we very rarely even get 20 minutes of time with each other and I was a bit frustrated that he would go to extra lengths to attend this, but not to do something with me.}
Anyway....
All of the big Utah people were there. Congressman Chaffetz, Senators Lee and Hatch. State Congressman Wimmer (I think that's what he is), and Governor Herbert. I wish I had taken my camera, but I didn't. And I was rather glad I didn't have to keep track of it and lug it around. Oh well, Will took some with his iPod, but those will not make it to this blog.
There were also quite a few people there to make little speeches and announce they were running for some office. There were also a couple of musical numbers.
It was quite enjoyable and was a very relaxed. The political people had a contest of hitting golf balls into the lake. They seemed to enjoy that.
One thing that was kind of funny: the owner of the "cabin" we were at told everyone at the beginning that their vehicles could not touch the road at all or that the HOA lady would have them towed....seriously. {We had parked down by the entry gate to the community and taken the shuttle, but others had driven up.} So, well into the eating and speakers' time, we see a tow truck show up......there were three vehicles "parked" in the street. Two were with the Governor, the third was not. But, after speaking with the Gov's security, that tow truck left.
I guess being Governor golfing into a lake in a gated community in Heber City will trump the cranky HOA lady's authority.
That third car lucked out.
It was my first CPAC meeting and also my first time participating in a straw poll. It was far though and we got home at 2:30am. I am much too old for such things, when my kids woke me up at 7am....just like any other day.






0 comments:
Post a Comment