Sunday, January 25, 2009

Calvin's Party

We had Calvin's birthday party yesterday. He is technically not 5 yet, but that's okay. I have come to realize that having four kids is like having a party all the time. Anyway, my kids had a great time, so I hope the other kids that came had fun too. As I mentioned in a previous post, Spiderman was everywhere. I let the kids draw his face on balloons, play with sticky men wall crawler guy-things, and undo a spider web with their favor bags at the end of it. There are about 10 pictures on flickr. The party was only one hour, but my kids were extremely wild ALL day.

I don't know what happened, but somehow I missed the traditional photo of the candle being blown out. That's a bummer.Here's the cake. It's a tall one layer, with a thin brownie layer on the top. I felt like trying something new. The kids didn't seem to notice it was brownie though. I liked it. When it comes to cake and brownies though, I'm fairly easy to please.

I was lucky that Amelia slept through 95% of the party. I'm sure she would have gotten smashed more than once if she had been out with the rest of us. Julie was kind of funny. The first 15 minutes of so, she was sulky and quiet. I don't know if she thought some of her girl friends were coming or what. She did come out of acting goofy and had fun.

Thanks to everyone that came. Calvin thought it was "the best party ever!"

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the cake! It looks REALLY good. You'll have to tell me how you got the frosting so fluffy and shaped the cake.