Friday, October 3, 2008

Nonsense

I am normally very particular about schedules. Eating, sleeping, all of it. For me, as well as the kids.

But, have you ever just not felt like dealing with bedtime? I am all about getting rid of the kids and getting them to sleep. It just doesn't happen that way sometimes. Actually, I think we are quite lucky in this department usually. However, my three year old lately has gotten things out of whack here though. She has always gone to bed well. She rarely fussed or cried. The last week or so, has been the total opposite. Out of nowhere, she decides she wants to throw fits everynight. With a million reasons: she wants the door open mainly, or another drink, or whatever. That messes up my schedule because we put the baby to bed in our room, and move her in with Julie; after Julie falls asleep. (The baby goes to bed b/w 6-6:30pm.) I get very upset when I can't get into my own room, because Julie is still screaming in her and Amelia's room. It hasn't been fun.
Unrelated, sort of.
I took the side off the crib this week, turning it into a toddler bed. I know, Amelia is only 16 months old, but that's about the age the other kids were kicked out of the crib in preparation for the next baby. (Thankfully, we do NOT have that reason this time.) She promptly fell out of it the first night (on to a pillow) about 5 minutes after I moved there. But, she hasn't fallen out since, that I know of.
We are trying Julie in with the boys tonight. We have tried this in the past, so I don't know how well it will go. We have not made it through the night when we've tried this before. It's always musical rooms around here.
Oh, and Julie's newest phrase, I don't know where it came from, is "You're my best Mom." So, I guess I have to forgive her for screaming half the night. I respond with "You're my best Julie."

In other news, I made 13 quarts of apple pie filling today. And still have tons of apples. Plus, not all of the jars have sealed. I've never used a canner before. I guess I might be making pies tomorrow. Come by if you want a taste.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is not related! But, here's my limerick for you: (Now you can be cool and limerick's on your blog, too!)

There once was a time when I was hot!
Stretch marks and a sagging body, I had not.
I could have had a job,
with cash flow by the wads;
But instead I wipe up poop and snot!

That's all. By the way, I have you beat, Audrey tells me: "You're my best mommy ever!" Oh well, back to poo.-Daryl