Monday, June 30, 2008

Sometimes, I get something done

We made some headway with home improvements, the little ones anyway. I finally went and got the base boards, it's only been three months or something since we did the floor. I cut all of those myself. We also put up a half-wall of bead-board, with a chair rail. There was this really big, totally blank wall in the kitchen. I almost backed out of it, but Will convinced me to go ahead. We are quite pleased with the results. I was even able to get a coat of paint on it already.

In a surprising stroke of luck, I won us a new front door. Yippee!! It's not the one I had picked out, but it was free. It's the basic door, with a half-circle of decorative glass at the top. I am very thrilled about it. Our current door is old, like the rest of the house. It's heavy, and warped, and sticks, while light still filters through the edge. I hope Will has time to install the new one very soon.

I feel like it was a productive weekend. We are now on the cleaning in preparation for "Grandma Devvi's" arrival.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the bead board! It looks really good! I can't wait till we have a house we can do stuff to. Maybe in 10 years or so.

McFarland Family said...

I am convinced ours is a money pit!! The new door- not going to well.