Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rattlesnakes

As I was watching the news last night, I saw this little story about how the snakes are coming out. Since it is finally warm, yadda, yadda. That by itself was not news to me. But as they went on, they said it is illegal to kill a rattlesnake in the state of Utah. Um, What? This law makes no sense to me, how bored were those lawmakers. They are talking about rattlesnakes. Those poinsonous, venomous snakes that can kill people!! Will shot one on our patio back home; on our patio, right next to the kids.

I am quite disturbed, why would we want to keep snakes alive that will get into our yards and cause harm. It's so weird. If they stay out away from us, where they belong, they can live as long as they want. Will saw two of them last week out on a trail.

Anyway, I was just shocked at the news of this crazy law. And if a rattlesnake is found in my yard, I'll likely grab a gun, instead of the phone. Besides, I don't know if there are any local snake catchers in this town. It just doesn't make sense to me. If we catch one in our yard though, I'll send it back for the Rattlesnake Rodeo.

0 comments: