The parent/teacher conferences were not a great deal of fun today. I did not take my kids, and apparently, they really want you to. Calvin would have gotten a reward. I don't know if that's really fair, because all three of them wanted to go. I would not let them. I wanted to hear what I was being told, not have my mind worrying about what the other kids were messing up.
Anyway, Julie's teacher wants to "clone" her. Huh!!! Maybe I would like the version of Julie that is at school to be cloned so she could be the same when she is at home. Just a delight!!
How would that be?
Calvin, it seems, tells his teacher- often- that school is pointless.
Nice.
He also has taken to not finished assignments if he doesn't think they are worth while. He will do fine on the parts he will do; but what's the point of doing the rest??
It was a treat that he took his rock collection to shard with the class???
What?
I guess that happened on the day we had to be at the hospital so early in the morning. I'm glad it was okay with his teacher. They did go on a field trip about rocks the day before.
{On an unrelated side note- he also has been wearing street clothes or PJ's under his suit when we go to church. Not sure why. There are a couple of other quirky things that I want to share, but I don't think I'll do it now....}
Nolan is wonderful to have in class!! He is always where he is supposed to be, doing what he is supposed to be doing. He lacks confidence....how do I help this? He has come a long way in that department. However, I know 3rd grade is a pivot point and I am slightly concerned. He has asked me to tell him one thing he needs to learn; but hasn't learned yet.....he hates the 3rd grade!! :( Really hates it!!!
So, after more than an hour at the school, I'm wondering if school is really worth their (and my) time. I won't say the teachers don't teach.....but if I have to reiterate everything and reteach most things after they finally get home; what's the point of spending 8 hours at the school??? I could schedule their time better if they were here all day instead of trying to teach three kids at one time- when they get home.
It also seems, the longer they are in school, the less they improve. Julie is far ahead of grade-level expectations. Calvin is slightly above average. Nolan is mid/lower pack.
I'm just a bit puzzled.....
And quite tired right now.
Anyway, Julie's teacher wants to "clone" her. Huh!!! Maybe I would like the version of Julie that is at school to be cloned so she could be the same when she is at home. Just a delight!!
How would that be?
Calvin, it seems, tells his teacher- often- that school is pointless.
Nice.
He also has taken to not finished assignments if he doesn't think they are worth while. He will do fine on the parts he will do; but what's the point of doing the rest??
It was a treat that he took his rock collection to shard with the class???
What?
I guess that happened on the day we had to be at the hospital so early in the morning. I'm glad it was okay with his teacher. They did go on a field trip about rocks the day before.
{On an unrelated side note- he also has been wearing street clothes or PJ's under his suit when we go to church. Not sure why. There are a couple of other quirky things that I want to share, but I don't think I'll do it now....}
Nolan is wonderful to have in class!! He is always where he is supposed to be, doing what he is supposed to be doing. He lacks confidence....how do I help this? He has come a long way in that department. However, I know 3rd grade is a pivot point and I am slightly concerned. He has asked me to tell him one thing he needs to learn; but hasn't learned yet.....he hates the 3rd grade!! :( Really hates it!!!
So, after more than an hour at the school, I'm wondering if school is really worth their (and my) time. I won't say the teachers don't teach.....but if I have to reiterate everything and reteach most things after they finally get home; what's the point of spending 8 hours at the school??? I could schedule their time better if they were here all day instead of trying to teach three kids at one time- when they get home.
It also seems, the longer they are in school, the less they improve. Julie is far ahead of grade-level expectations. Calvin is slightly above average. Nolan is mid/lower pack.
I'm just a bit puzzled.....
And quite tired right now.






0 comments:
Post a Comment