We had the privilege of seeing Papa for a few hours. We picked him up at the airport in SLC on Friday evening. He was out of here before 9:30am on Sat. morning. At least we were able to see him for a few hours. We all wish it would have been more. Especially the kids. The honor may have been all ours though. I"m not totally sure about how much he enjoyed the three + hour trip home. Or the dinner we had on the way home. There is a reason we only "eat out" from drive thrus. That was interesting.
We made a day of the trip. On our way out, we stopped off at a camp ground that we have almost stopped at a number of times. I had packed a picnic lunch, so we ate it there. It seemed nice and had a stream and all. I'll post a few pics from that on flickr. (My camera is in the room with a sleeping baby right now.)
We continued on to Lehi, where we stopped off at the Cabela's store. Wow, what a place. I think it's better than the zoo. It has A/C, plenty of animals to look at. They can't run away or anything since they are stuffed. There was also a large fish tank, with quite a few fish to watch. It was definitely cheaper than the zoo, since we only bought some fudge. I can't believe how much stuff there was in that place. We were there for a long time; and I'm not even all that outdoorsy.
We went from there to visit some friends in Draper. We had a little time before the plane was due. It was nice to see them and their kids. It was one of Will's friends from high school. I"m glad they were willing to let us drop in with short notice.
Anyway, Aaron's family (and Papa) is en route to AL (or is it "LA") as I write. They are quite anxious to return to the land of cotton, and who could blame them? I do not envy the drive itself though.
Random Updates
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment