Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Poison Ivy

Will's got poison ivy again. The last time he had it was about 4 years ago. He tore down and old sheep/dog pen that was on the edge of our yard. It was all over him. He gets it pretty bad. We used home remedies, and the anti-itch cream as much as we could. But when his eyes started swelling, I sent him for medical treatment.

He went to the doctor wrapped from wrist to bicep with gauze, and covered in a jacket. It was June, in Alabama, so the jacket was a courtesy to other in the waiting room. He came home with five different prescriptions. It still took forever to clear up.

I'm hoping this time is not as severe. It's only on his forearms right now. But, the gauze wrapping has started. Yucky stuff. At least, it's not the kids. I have never had a reaction to poison ivy or poison oak. I hope never to.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

How in the world did he get it again?!! Does he not recognize it? :o) I hope it clears up quickly, or that he doesn't wait so long to treat it this time.