After our first gift, when I almost froze to death, we decided not to go on our second gift-trip because I did not want to go north.
But, as we tend to do, we made a low-bid on priceline and it was accepted...so there we went!
Literally- a 5 minute decision after church.
Turns out, we were not the only last-minute visitors to Temple Square to see the lights! Holy Smokes! Mormons must be procrastinators!! The place was packed. And it was freezing!!!
FREEZING!!!
It was pretty. But, I have no intentions of going again. There was inches of snow sitting on top of the lights, so it looked like it was glowing. Some of the lights were totally covered by the snow. :(
A little bit of my white-trash side...
The lobby bathroom at the hotel was quite fancy!! The girls, and myself, were pretty impressed. I'm glad there was not an attendant there to hand us our towels because I probably would not have been bold enough to take these pictures...in the bathroom.
Our next stop ended up being Sheel's. Another new outdoorsman store up there. Apparently, there's a large Ferris wheel in the center of the store. Amelia would not ride. (She also did not enjoy the elevator at the hotel; however loved the escalator.) Since Will bought 6 tickets, then he and Amelia did not ride, so Julie and Nolan were able to ride twice. Calvin did not love it.
I wish I had some pictures of the next stop, but I don't. I'll make a note anyway. We stopped by to see (and the kids to meet) Will's Grandpa Rae and Grandma Barbara. As well as their uncles (?). The kids had a great time playing and we had a great visit.
It will be years before we hit SLC again. That is not a "quick" trip!!
We were home a few hours before the New Year.
Turns out, we were not the only last-minute visitors to Temple Square to see the lights! Holy Smokes! Mormons must be procrastinators!! The place was packed. And it was freezing!!!
FREEZING!!!
It was pretty. But, I have no intentions of going again. There was inches of snow sitting on top of the lights, so it looked like it was glowing. Some of the lights were totally covered by the snow. :(
A little bit of my white-trash side...
The lobby bathroom at the hotel was quite fancy!! The girls, and myself, were pretty impressed. I'm glad there was not an attendant there to hand us our towels because I probably would not have been bold enough to take these pictures...in the bathroom.
Our next stop ended up being Sheel's. Another new outdoorsman store up there. Apparently, there's a large Ferris wheel in the center of the store. Amelia would not ride. (She also did not enjoy the elevator at the hotel; however loved the escalator.) Since Will bought 6 tickets, then he and Amelia did not ride, so Julie and Nolan were able to ride twice. Calvin did not love it.
I wish I had some pictures of the next stop, but I don't. I'll make a note anyway. We stopped by to see (and the kids to meet) Will's Grandpa Rae and Grandma Barbara. As well as their uncles (?). The kids had a great time playing and we had a great visit.
It will be years before we hit SLC again. That is not a "quick" trip!!
We were home a few hours before the New Year.






0 comments:
Post a Comment