Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Do we still have kids?

Did anyone else forget they had kids on Christmas afternoon?
Mine disappeared for the entire afternoon after getting their presents.

I hope that means they like them!
I skipped a lot of our traditional treats and things this year.  I've had a really difficult time getting excited.  I did sugar cookies this year, I do not do those every year.  But Will asked me to attempt the Lofthouse sugar cookies.  Success.
I did not bake these with the kids though.   Maybe that's the reason I rarely bother with cut-out cookies.  I feel obligated to let the kids help.
I baked these while they were at school.  And then I frosted them, too.
This was actually Christmas Eve.
I did save each kid 3 to decorate.  But I have to say, that was the most I have enjoyed baking sugar cookies since I can remember!  Kinda sad about all the things I just didn't do though....

0 comments: