Sunday, December 9, 2012

Spirituality

I realize that I am not the most open person about expressing convictions and emotions.  I don't remember ever being that way.  I'm not even sure I would describe myself as "religious", even though I do attend church each week.
I have had the most spiritual weekend that I can ever remember.  And I don't want to forget it, so I'm posting it here.
Early Saturday morning, Will and I were able to go to the temple.  I still have a bit of a hard time with seeing neighbors at church.  This awkwardness (for me, others are totally used to it) also extends to the temple.  But, there are usually a lot of other patrons and I only see one or two people I recognize, if any.  This session was a special one only for our stake, so it was super early.  And I even recognized about half of the people!!  A little strange.
Anyway, I felt the wonderful presence of the Spirit and I am so glad we were able to go.

Get this, we actually attended the adult session of stake conference too....together!  This might be a first for us.  It was so wonderful!  And we were blessed and privileged to have a real, live Apostle of the Lord in our midst.  If Elder Neil L. Anderson ever come to visit your area...watch out...he does "open-mic" style!  We have other great leaders to hear from as well.

Sometimes it pays off to be a little neurotic.  This morning, I knew the church would be packed.  And I figured the over-flow church would also be packed.  So, I was set on getting to the church with time to get a seat in the actual chapel.  I wasn't the only one.
Right before the general meeting, there was a youth meeting.  I was waiting for it to end while standing around the foyer with about 40 other people.  I really didn't want to sit on the metal chairs, I would miss out on tons from way back there.  Then, it hit me, teens don't sit on the front row!!
Sure enough, as soon as the doors opened, I spotted room for our family  on the front.  I made a beeline for it and we spread out in order to save a little extra space for Will and Great-Grandma.
Neuroticism= Front Row Seats= Shaking hands with an Apostle!!!
That was treat enough!  I didn't get to meet an Apostle until I was 34 yrs old.  Nolan, Calvin, and Julie can all say they have met and shaken hands with one!
Not to  mention, the wonderful meeting that followed that.
The Spirit has been everywhere and I sometimes have a difficult time feeling open and receptive to it.
These two days have been a huge blessing to me and I am so thankful.
I know there are Apostles on the earth and I know there is a Prophet on the earth as well.

1 comments:

McFarland Family said...

So, I think I am religious, it's the spiritual part that is up in the air.