The McFarland's are here for you!!!
Picture this:It's Sunday morning in an LDS household. You would think that's enough said, right?
Let me tell you more.
Some kids were dressed willingly, others were dressed unwillingly, but still done. It's about 30 minutes before departure. Mom and Dad are almost ready themselves.
One child does not care for the undershirts I dug out for her. Neither option is acceptable and she chooses to pick on of her own. There is a reason we often refer to her as "Punky Brewster".
One child cannot find his shoe (I might make you guess which one; but here's a hint.)
Although, I'm not sure why one shoe prevents him from dressing the rest of his body. Also, take note that he will only wear white socks, even though he has black ones. He is told repeatedly to keep looking and ask for help. (Also note, they "cleaned" their rooms last Monday, so things should have been put where they belong. They cleaned, not me.)We tell him to find his shoe or he will be going with just the one.
He continues to play.
We leave for church.
We walk into the chapel with our motley crew: Mini-Missionary= Nolan
One-shoed, white- socked, coat collar up (1830's style), puckered shirt with a skipped button hole poking up= Calvin
Punky= Julie
Everything is suddenly too short= Amelia
Nice right?!?
It got better when Amelia's nose started bleeding quite a bit. It got all over her dress. I had to bring her home and change her when it finally stopped bleeding. In the old days, we would have been stuck just letting her wear it as best as we could have washed it in the sink. But here, it was a two minute drive to change, so I did that.
Laughing yet? I hope you needed to.
I was. I wish I had pictures of Julie and Calvin.
Other things:
This is a weird plant. Two of these blooms broke off because it was too heavy and kept falling over. I will try to remember to post a picture of it in full bloom. It really is quite pretty. I planted the bulb 14 months ago and last month, I thought it was dead.

Our first home school field trip.
It was quite similar to just one of our spontaneous drives. We made sure it was some place they hadn't been before. Butler Wash Ruins. It was .4 miles of a walk each way.
I like the color of these cacti. They were everywhere. I don't know if they are just this color in winter or what. But it's pretty. Colors other than brown are hard to find in the desert.






0 comments:
Post a Comment