Nolan made this a few weeks back. It's a race track. Among other uses he has come up with for it. I am impressed because he just made it. He had no template of anything! He looks SO serious!! This is the morning after he got stitches.
This is our first summer art project. The kids were supposed to pick a state (I was going to make them all do Utah, but then decided to let them pick.) Anyway, they had to make the state with this homemade plaster. Then they painted it and wrote down the capital and a city that started with the same letter as their name.
Nolan did this assignment the best, of course, he's the oldest and understood more what I was talking about doing. He picked the state of Colorado. He couldn't find a city that started with an "N". I'm sure there is one, but we were just looking in our small atlas for this; so we moved on to his middle initial. He also made a long strip of plaster that he said was mountains.
This is our first summer art project. The kids were supposed to pick a state (I was going to make them all do Utah, but then decided to let them pick.) Anyway, they had to make the state with this homemade plaster. Then they painted it and wrote down the capital and a city that started with the same letter as their name.Nolan did this assignment the best, of course, he's the oldest and understood more what I was talking about doing. He picked the state of Colorado. He couldn't find a city that started with an "N". I'm sure there is one, but we were just looking in our small atlas for this; so we moved on to his middle initial. He also made a long strip of plaster that he said was mountains.

Calvin picked the state of Alabama. I guess the thing in the center would be for the capitol. He would not do the written part of the assignment- which is why I assigned a written part. He hates writing!

Julie also picked Colorado. She liked finding a city names Julesburg! She has since used her thing as a serving tray while playing.
Amelia didn't let me take a picture. She also chose Alabama, but it didn't look anything like it. She still had fun making and painting it though. She had a water bottle lid on the bottom corner of hers and she said it was the "On Button". I'm not sure what it turned on though.These below are just more of Nolan's creativity. He made this spaceship. He later wanted some plastic wrap so the windshield was clear (it's the blue-colored part in the pics). It was symmetrical doors and whatnot. It has a hangar thing that opens on the back. The most interesting part of this, was that he had written the instructions of how to do it before he did it. He did say there were some things he needed to add to the written directions. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

Now that FB is automatically scanning/identifying photos, I'm not sure where to back mine up...?






0 comments:
Post a Comment