Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mom's Dumb Rules

One of the rules I have that my kids think is dumb, is that the kids are not allowed to bath, or shower together. This rule went into effect just over a year ago for the boys, it was a little more recent for the girls. Anyway, they think I'm stupid about it. Well, the boys are old enough to bath themselves now. But the are too big to fit into a tub together to really have any extra room.

Having said that; we had the opportunity last night to check out the emergency room at the Blue Mountain Hospital.

I'm sure you can't guess what happened.....

Weed-burning turned into kid bathing at about 8:40pm.
I bathed the girls (they still need help, some) and called for Calvin.
He hollered down that he was going to shower upstairs. Will had gone first, followed by Nolan.
Calvin doesn't always shower. So, I assumed Nolan had finished.
Nope.
After a few minutes, we heard some playing around. I made a comment, "Someone is going to bust their face open." And Will headed for the stairs to get one of them out of the shower unit. {This is one of those showers that's tub sized but has the little seats in the corners.}
Anyway, halfway up the stairs, Julie lets out a blood-curdling scream. I headed up the stairs too.

And then there was blood. And crying kids. And screaming sisters. And water all over the place.

After a good 7 year run, Nolan was back in the ER. 4 stitches to the back of his head. That gives him a life-total of 7 stitches. One more could have matched his age.

We may never get the full, real story on what was going on. They were just taking a quick shower.

And now they now why I have the rule of individual bathing. I am hoping I will no longer get any flack for this rule.

I skipped the gross pictures this time. Will took some though.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Well, Nolan & Blake are even with the number of stitches, but Nolan's ahead in the ER visit department. So far anyway. Let's see how long it takes for them to start bugging you about it again.