You can hear or get this song on ldg.org. It is currently (and has been for over a year) one of my top favorites. I get choked up whenever I hear kids singing it. I just wanted to make a note of it. This song include portions of my testimony of the Gospel and the importance of the Family unit. I know the family is a vital piece to our lives here on earth. Maybe I'll even put the music on here for a while.
"The Family is of God"
Our Father has a family. It's me! Its you, all others too: we are His children. He sent each one of us to earth, through birth, to live and learn here in fam'lies.
A father's place is to preside, provide, To love and teach the gospel to his children. A father leads in fam'ly prayer to share Their love for Father in Heaven.
A mother's purpose is to care, prepare, To nurture and to strengthen all her children. She teaches children to obey, ro pray, To love and serve in the fam'ly.
I'll love and serve my family and be A good example to each fam'ly member. And when I am a mom or dad, so glad, I'll help my family remember.
*Chorus*
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how he shares His love, for the fam'ly is of God.
"The Family is of God"
Our Father has a family. It's me! Its you, all others too: we are His children. He sent each one of us to earth, through birth, to live and learn here in fam'lies.
A father's place is to preside, provide, To love and teach the gospel to his children. A father leads in fam'ly prayer to share Their love for Father in Heaven.
A mother's purpose is to care, prepare, To nurture and to strengthen all her children. She teaches children to obey, ro pray, To love and serve in the fam'ly.
I'll love and serve my family and be A good example to each fam'ly member. And when I am a mom or dad, so glad, I'll help my family remember.
*Chorus*
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how he shares His love, for the fam'ly is of God.






1 comments:
I wish the kids in our branch knew this song. It's my favorite too. I keep waiting for a new children's songbook to come out that has all the ones from the programs we've been learning over the years since the last book.
Post a Comment