Sunday, October 24, 2010

So, I finally got a calling in our new ward. Today was my first day teaching, although, I did observed last week. Now, I know we're not technically type-cast for callings; or are we? I have been hovering around Primary since I can remember. There was that nine month stint where nobody could use me for anything. Followed closely by some time spent in the library. So, I guess I had a break from Primary at that time. But, now I'm back...again.
This time, I did not roll my eyes when issued the call. {My last primary calling was my favorite.} But, I now have a different perspective on the importance of being a Primary teacher. So, unlike before, I might actually try this time around.
What I'm getting at, sort of, is that I think it's funny that I get called to serve in the Primary at all. I am not good with children. Nor am I especially fond of children. But somehow, people think I need to work with children. And they usually give me the "problem" class. I do not get it. I am also fiercely inadequate at accomplishing what I am supposed to. I guess once I figure it out, they will call me to something non-Primary ;)

Anyway, I had a dream the other night about teaching my first lesson here. I was presenting the lesson and such. Then, in the way dreams work, I was being escorted from the church building by the bishop. I do not know if I lost it and hit one of the kids or something. Or if I was just THAT bad at teaching. Either way, I was not welcome to come back. It's pretty funny.

0 comments: