I guess this was our first backpacking trip. And it was so short. But, somehow, when we were out there with four kids...it didn't seem all that short. We've gone out lots of times to random places, but the picnics I usually pack get eaten at parks or in the car. This time, we wanted to hike down this old road. {I guess that's what it is.} Lucky for the kids, only Will and I carried backpacks. Who would have ever thought that I would want to go on a backpacking picnic?? I've been wanting to do this one for a month. I think the kids (mostly) enjoyed it also. We couldn't get all the way to where we had planned on parking. See above, where the kids are disappearing into the land. The road has been washed out since we were there last month. We didn't even dare take the Ex over it. To be fair, Will gave it a try. Julie started crying when dirt began to fly and Nolan stated that it probably wasn't a great idea. We were not too far from where we had planned to park anyway.
Amelia said she loves this lizard.I have no doubts that should would love to have brought it home. It's just so funny. She spotted it and immediately said she wanted to touch it. So, she did!
Okay, so Will had to carry more than a backpack. Amelia didn't eve make it all the way down before making him carry her. Julie waited until we were on our way back up at least. Still. I think went went down (and had to come back up) about 200 ft of altitude.





0 comments:
Post a Comment