I am continually, randomly trying to get help around the house. I try many different, but similar rewards and coercion methods. This latest one seems to be liked by all. It's a morphed version of the last very successful one (that got lost in the move) of my coins. I also found some other similar things for this one online that I took parts of and so, this is a mish-mash of about 4 methods blended together.
I call this one "Candy Shop".Since, I found stuff on other people's blogs, I figured I'd post too. I have a problem with being consistent....consistently. But, the kids are actually helping me remember and follow-up on this one!
The sticks are their "money"...since I could find these and can't find my "coins". Anyway, there are little sticks for daily jobs and big sticks or weekly, or random jobs. In my house, 5 little sticks = 1 big stick. I keep a week-running tally by counting the little sticks each night at bedtime. That way, I have them to re-allot the next day. And the candy each costs one stick. I open the candy shop (one jar has nickels in it) on Sunday afternoon....after church. Because behaving at church is worth a stick too. I also have started taking sticks away when people are unable to listen.
So, they love the shopping. On Saturday mornings we do the weekly jobs. I sometimes try to set a timer and motivate being quick about it. Not always though. Anyway, we are having fun with this and I hope it lasts......at least until I find my coins!! 





0 comments:
Post a Comment