We could not get out of this town fast enough the other day!! It was an absolute blizzard when we left too. YUCK!!! And just so y'all know...I'm not the only one who is sick of Winter. Everyone I've seen it tired of shivering constantly. I tried my best to make it all the way to Alabama. But it didn't happen. We set out in search of sunshine and warmth.
We found the sunshine. That helped a TON. We found warmER-but never quite warmth. It was definitely better than staying here though. My attitude towards this valley has not been good. But then again, when is my attitude ever good???
Anyway, it was a somewhat go-where-we-want trip; we didn't have any concrete plans. We almost headed for the grand Canyon- but didn't. We almost went to St. George-but didn't. We did go south. That was really the only requirement when we took off. We decided to hit Kanab. We almost went there about a year ago. We didn't make it then, so we went there this time. It's a cute place. When we were getting into town one of the kids commented that there was no snow....to which the others hollered "YAY!!!" Amen to that!
We toured the "Little Hollywood" thing there in Kanab. It was quite entertaining. Calvin thought the jail was so creepy. He did not like being in it at all. Amelia was very curious about it. She could tell something wasn't quite right with the dummies that were in there. It was a fun place. A free-for-all. Nothing was barred off. (And it is free!!) That is me and Will in the cut-outs.
We left Kanab and headed for Page, AZ. I had never been there before. I liked it. We could move there. I think we might be Nomads or something. We see places that we just want to try out for a couple of years. Page is one of those places. One of the main roads has about8 or 10 churches just one right after the other. Literally. I liked that. You could try a new one each week and keep variety.
We stayed the night there. We walked/hiked around a little bit near the dam. Glen Canyon Dam...I think. Nolan and I did not go out on to the bridge with the rest of them. Kids make me so nervous!! They were jumping around and running and just not paying attention in general.
Not only does this photo have a scenic background. But it also has Julie and Calvin being nice to each other. Caught on camera! That is such a rarity these days!!!
We went to Blanding after leaving Page. We weren't sure we wanted to go there on this trip. They were getting snow. We've seen enough of that to last my lifetime. But we went and had an enjoyable time. And most of the snow was gone. It was a great celebration for Grandma Phyllis' birthday. There was a lot of family to see. The kids had a wonderful time and so did Will and myself. So wonderful that we want to go back soon....maybe even to stay. "Try-it-out"
Tons more pictures on flickr!
I left out most of the parts that would make people laugh at those of us with young kids!
Random Updates
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment