Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'll try to take a minute to stop sitting around being depressed and blog about it.  I really have no reason to be depressed.  I mean, the sun is actually out right now even!!  I haven't been able to shake the winter blues for at least four weeks.  It's irritating to me.  I have Pandora going on quite loudly right now.  A station inspired by good ol' Prince just blaring away.  It's helping some.

On to other things.

Calvin lost a tooth the other day right before church.  He had told me last week that it hurt.  But we were on the way to drop him off at school and I forgot to look at it when he came home.  I did ask him if it was loose.  He told me "no".  So, on Sunday morning, when Will and I were taking turns trying to wrestle a buffalo into a tutu (you would think) he kept telling Will that there was a piece of cereal stuck in his tooth.  He was messing with it and pulled it right out.  He didn't even know what he had done.  It was shock to all of us!!  The new tooth is already cut through behind where the baby one was.  Not a good thing.

I implemented what I am calling the "coin" system around here on Monday.  We will see how long I can keep it going.  I am not known for consistency given the overwhelming number of my children and my constant downward moods.  The jest of it is, they have to do something for me before I will do something for them.  Including feed them.  I have just been so sick of being the waitress/janitor for monster/slobs.  Nolan, of course, is all about it.  He likes to collect coins and make sure there are enough in case he needs to buy something.  Calvin, as expected, can barely stay even.  He tells me multiple times each day that he hates is and wants it to stop.  Julie is catching on more (today anyway) and is racking up coins.  But, she is fickle and SO much depends on her mood.  Amelia, well, we're trying to teach her, but she doesn't really get it at this point.  She has helped with dishes and other things.  Cross your fingers that I can keep it up.  For at least a week.

0 comments: