Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Consequences

Tonight, the girls were locked up quite early (again).  I have been having more and more difficulties in keeping up stamina in dealing/tolerating them.  The evenings are getting longer and harder with Will gone.  Especially nights like tonight, where he works until 4:30pm or 5pm and then has to be at the gym at 5:15pm and then has to go do SS (stupid scouts) and gets home sometime after 8pm-if he doesn't have to go play basketball.  Anyway- that's not the story I was going to tell.

Here it is....

{Oh, but you should know that since I'm perfect and didn't have any resolutions for the year, I decided it would be fun to learn Spanish.}

I locked the girls up before 7pm.  [This means I will be up well before 6am.  Yuck!]  After they were done with their screaming and were calm, I went in to see if they even knew why I had put them in there.  Julie did.  I said something to the effect of , "I would like to be able to let you out, but the things we do have consequences and I...". 

Here, I was cut off by her emphatic response, "I told you to stop saying those Spanish words!!!"

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So not only have YOU learned Spanish, Julie has too? :)

McFarland Family said...

Well, I'm trying. Is "consequences" derived from Spanish?

Heidi said...

Well, I think Bonnie would be the person to ask about that one. I just remember how to count.