The plumbing saga continues, six months later. Our tub has been slowly draining for quite some time. Recently this "slowly draining" was more of a not draining. I mean, eventually the water would be gone. You just couldn't watch it happen. Will finally gave in and went into the crawl space to just remove the pipe (it's old cast iron anyway) and see what was in it. Being the loving husband he is, he sent me in first. YUCK!! I think I was able to help a little, but not a lot. I did find a bottle of Jim Beam under there....too bad it was already empty. By that point, I could have used something to numb my nerves.
Anyway, he found a cap or some sort. It's plastic and black and apparently the perfect diameter to block the pipe. I have not see the thing yet, but I'll post a picture later if he ever brings it out. He put the new pipe on this morning. I runs, for real, not slow at all. Wow!! Too bad that stupid little cap is probably what was blocking the main pipes last spring. I'm sure one of the kids flushed it at some point and it has cost us hundreds of dollars- not an exaggeration.
In addition to that, our kitchen saga also continues. We also decided to get the ceiling re-done in the kitchen. It has had a large, rectangular hole for probably a year now; it was already ugly if you disregarded the hole. There used to be cabinets coming out over the peninsula where the stove it. Anyway, we had been living with it for so long, we did not even notice it anymore. But, since we want to sell this place, we thought we might should do something about it...finally. Exposed insulation is probably not the thing a potential buyer wants to see in the kitchen ceiling. That project is coming along. We are not doing it ourselves- for once. Although, paying for it is not any fun at all!! And I will be stuck doing the painting when it's finished. It does look pretty good though. Being a regular ceiling and not the old ceiling tiles that it was. We will also hang some new fixtures when that point comes.


Fall has arrived. Living here has somewhat dampened my affection for the season. I like the color change and I like the falling leaves. I just don't like the next color change that arrives all too soon-white snow. On Sunday, our leaves started falling. We have two large trees, one in the front and one in the back. We had a great time playing in the snow yesterday. It really kept the kids busy for a long while. Thank goodness!!

I thought it would be so fun to take pictures with the leaves and their pumpkins with their costumes on. It was a total bust for me. The missed the whole point I was going for. But, they had a great time, so I guess it's okay.
Random Updates
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment