I allowed the kids to have a late night last week.
In the old days, I would have planned something fun for them to do with their friends, made yummy Halloween- themed treats, and maybe even decorated the house.
I did none of that.
I limited each child to picking one friend to come. And then, I let them do (almost) whatever they wanted to. It was pretty nice. They all coupled off and went their own ways. Everyone had a playmate that they were not related to. It worked out pretty good. And I only had to take everyone home.
Now, by the time we had the late night, I had been in pain for three days. My side, actually, my entire torso and trunk. At first, I thought it was something internal. Because my health is just wonderful you know. Here I am a week later and I am totally convinced it is my rib. Whether or not it's broken, we will never know for sure. Because I'm not going to pay for xrays that may or may not tell me anything. One thing I do know....it is painful. There has been no surface bruising, so I am inclined to think it's not broken. All of the broken bones in our house have been accompanied with bruising. It matters very little because the treatment is pretty much the same for bruised, broken, bents, pulled rib ligaments, whatever, where ribs are concerned.






0 comments:
Post a Comment