I forgot the story of our short-lived, pet, fish.
Flashback for a moment. Christmas present-swap game. Nolan has his eye on, and gets a fish bowl. Pretty blue marbles and some white rocks to go in it. Along with a tree for the center. He repeatedly requests a fish for it. First, we put him off by telling him we need a larger house. That didn't last too long.
Flash-forward to now (well, Friday).
So, on their last day of break, we decided we would go get Nolan a fish. But little goldfish are cheap, so we got four. One for each kids. Not that you could ever tell a difference in them.
Amelia=Lenny
On the drive home, we kept trying to explain to her that you can't hold fish. She wanted to hold them. I think she finally understood. Although, I'm not sure. Anyway, later that evening, after we got them all set up; we found Amelia playing up there around the bowl. There was water all over the place! I thought she had been trying to hold them. Maybe she had been. Who knows. We scolded her, wiped up the water and went on.
The following morning, two were dead. I was up at 5:30am and took care of that. By 11am, a third one has passed on. Will pointed out that there was tons of food around/in the marbles along the bottom. Nice. We changed the water.
But, it was too later. Our fourth one was gone before we had even had him 24 hours!
The fishbowl is up in the top/back of the closet.






0 comments:
Post a Comment