So, school is in full swing! YAY!! The best part is that I don't have to take them and pick them up! My goodness that is awesome!!! Sometimes, Julie will let me walk her to the end of the block. From there, I can watch her the entire way to the school. It's odd how it feels like we never even had summer break though. The kids just picked up where we left off. Two in full day now. If I knew who to bribe to get Julie full day too- you can bet I would pay a pretty penny!!
The small town is good for us, I think. We went back to Richfield last weekend and it was strange. I can only name a couple of things that I miss...and they are people. the place itself held nothing for me. But, that's okay. Here; people already stop and talk to me at the store. And there are fewer people in the store.
I have been on quite the reading kick these last couple of weeks. My kicks usually only last through a couple of books. But, I'm on like my fifth one right now. Granted, I have been reading a series, so that helps keep me going. But still.
Hhmmm, let's see. I love my mixer. I've been using it lately. I almost left it in a box. But let's just face it. I am not going to go any length of time without baking. My last batch of potato rolls were my best ever. I can say that for myself right? I've been working on those for a few years. I don't know if they are as good as Mom's...but they are definitely getting better. Today I made oatmeal cookies with raisins and dried apricots in them. Also m&m/chocolate chip cookies. Guess which will be gone first.....
We are in the midst of planning Nolan's baptism. Here's an invite to all of you who will read this. Please come if you can. It's on Sept. 21st at 6pm. That's a Tuesday evening. He is looking forward to it and so are we! We expect a small group to show up. There are still empty spots in the program...so if you're interested let me know ;) I can't believe he is turning 8 years old in three weeks!
That's all I can think of right now. How is it that the hours from noon-3pm go by in a blink and 3-6pm go by like cold molasses???
Random Updates
12 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment