Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Butt Hurts

We went to Calvin's first football game this evening!! I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. {When I'm not stressing about it.} He told me before we left that he was afraid he was going to lose the game for everyone!!

He is #1 and on the Blue team! {For real, these pictures were before he got his shirt.)

I took some video clips, but none of them turned out good. The camera has too much delay and Calvin was done each time once it got going. Maybe the next game. These kids are all just having fun. I think. Calvin is one of the younger players. He learned SO much just during this game!! In the early part of the game, he ripped off his own teammate's flag. {That is what they were supposed to do when they were practicing before the game!} He didn't do it again though. He really caught on to blocking and getting through to go after the ball. He seems very good at following the ball on running plays. He gets after it. He also had a couple of carries. He gained about 5/6 yards on the first carry and only about 3 on the second.

He said the only part he didn't like was sitting on the side of the field.

I hope he continues to enjoy it. We have waited until the kids were old enough to want (and ask) to participate in things like this. It was a little odd for me to be sitting on bleachers as a mother. And man, like my title says, my butt was killing me at the end of that game. Next time, we will have to do something different about that. He plays every Tuesday and Thursday until Oct 7th.

0 comments: