I knew why I was odd in Alabama. Despite having grown up in Evergreen, I had no friends that lived there. I rarely ran into anybody that I knew. I was LDS and had more than one kid before I turned 30 years old(okay, I'm still not quite there). I was used to being an odd ball there, it was expected.
When we moved here, to rural Utah, I thought I may not stick out as much. That was my hope, to blend in and be more social. This has only sort of happened. Now, I am odd for different reasons. I am southern. A girl in Primary told me it irritates her when I say "y'all". I don't even notice when I say it.
I am not from this rural community, and neither is Will, so we are not related to half of the town. I knew those things would set me apart, but I thought the whole kid thing would not be an issue here. Still, I had to take all four kids to the store yesterday- by myself. This was a first for me, usually Will goes if the kids go. I would rather not get what I need than take all four kids. Anyway, the kids behaved quite well, thank goodness. And the cashier still asked if they were all mine! I thought there were more people out here with bigger families. Anyway, it made me feel like I stick out more than I thought. I guess most kids are not as close in age as mine are. Oh well. Also, why would I take 4 kids to the store if they weren't all mine? I'm not that crazy; or am I?
Random Updates
12 years ago






4 comments:
The only reason they asked that was because you look so darn young. Seriously, talk about me not aging. I'm loving your blog, and I'd like to smack that lady who said your y'all irritates her.
who on earth tells ya they are irritated with "y'all"???, I love to hear people talk differently than I do, it makes life interesting!
(JanaMarie Glass)
The accent goes good with the rest of the package. Ya know what I mean?
-The Thrill
Well I married someone that says it, so I guess y'all is normal for me, just ignore them!! I love you and everything about you. The cashier is just jealous that yours are so well behaved!
Post a Comment