Here we are getting settled in like we actually live here. And yet, things are getting crazier. I mean, I'm just a self-conscious person....even when I'm not the new girl.
But right now, I am the new girl.
When I was asked to bring some brownies to the ward camp out I figured that would be easy enough. I do love brownies. Anyway, my first batch made Will gag. Should I go ahead and take them? The kids said they were good.
Um, better not. I hope the second try was better- because I took them.
Between that and this morning, everyone probably thinks I am the biggest loser. I can't bake (which is something I thought I was decent at). And I am a loser mom (but we all knew that already- just not everyone here).
So, this morning, I'm trying to exercise while Calvin is throwing a fit wanting to play SuperMario. And we all know, I play the Wii while I exercise, so I wasn't sharing. The next thing I know, Will is in the hallway door with Julie who is crying and holding her head. The light fixture had fallen and cut the back side of her neck. Right where it turns. You know, and there is a ligament/tendon going up. Right along the hair line. Nice. {I thought Calvin's slamming of the door had cause it, but she confessed to playing with the sword in there and hitting the light.}
Here we are *again*, trying to figure out if we need to go to the hospital....because it's Saturday of course. There wasn't a great deal of blood. The cut is over two inches in length and the bottom part is the deepest. 
This is not the worst head injury we've had. Not by a long shot. The problem was, when she moves, the thing really gapes open! I cut her hair and tried some butterfly band aids, we also tried some liquid band aids. Will didn't think it was satisfactory, so an hour later, he took her in. We were told to use super glue. The cut just barely stopped short of getting through that last layer of skin. The Dr. offered stitches, but said they are usually traumatic for children this age. (Been there-done that!) We went for the super glue. The Dr. did shave around it for me...that was nice. It will probably scar, but at least this is on the back of her head and not the front. She already has a scar there.
Random Updates
12 years ago






1 comments:
OUCH! That looks like it hurt! I hope it is much better now :)
Post a Comment