Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where am I ?

I'm sure everyone is wondering where I've gone for close to three weeks. I usually don't go so long between postings. I wish I had pictures to put on, but this is my husband's computer and I'm not totally sure about things. I'll try to add some later. I"ll try to keep this post about our trip out to Alabama.

Long!! Should I stop there?

We left our house at 3:30 AM and drove until 9:30 PM that first day. That took us through the horrible drive of the Colorado mountains. But the kids love tunnels and Amelia became a look-out for them. I hate mountain roads! We continued that day until we got to Topeka. We stayed in a somewhat scary hotel that night.

We were up early the next day, even with the time change. I was foolish enough to look up directions on the internet to get us to Independence so we could visit the Church site there. We got lost. We were all around it and over it and on top of t and finally found it!! It did put us an hour behind on our schedule though. Well, I guess the schedule is only mine. Nobody else seems to care. I was about to give it up.

Anyway, we made it to the Church sites and had a good time. The tour lady at the Liberty Jail was not so conducive to children. And you know we have a crew of those. She was long-winded and they were getting pretty restless. None the less, it was a good thing to do, the jail was very interesting to see. I'm glad we took the time. I had never been to those places either.

Back on the road. We traveled through more states. (Total for on the way out was 9, I think. But I'm not looking at the map right now.) St. Louis was the worst city we traveled through!!! The traffic was terrible! The roads gave me huge stress! I don't like driving on a road that is underneath another road.

We got to my brother's house in Lexington, Kentucky in the middle of the night. We were able to spend a good three days there which included Memorial Day.

June first, we were back on the road...again. This was a 10 hour drive day and the girls were pretty awful. It was out worst driving day on the way out, I would say. We finally hit some rain south of Huntsville. Oh, we stopped at the Visitor's Center in north Alabama where they have an old rocket. {You know they have NASA Space Camp up there.} The kids thought it was pretty awesome. It is impressive. Anyway, that was a fun stop because we don't usually take this route and haven't had the opportunity to stop there.

I can't wait to post some pictures! I'll post again this weekend about what we've done since getting to South Alabama. One thing is for sure....my skin does not look like a lizard's anymore!!! Wonderful! I feel younger and normal here!

0 comments: