Monday, May 10, 2010

Me-Me-Me

Is it bad to conscientiously decide to be more selfish? Because, I think I have. I am really starting to think that this long, drawn-out, never-ending winter has made me totally SNAP!!!

Here's a shout out to my wonderful husband for letting me run away to Sunny St. George for two days! It has become a tradition for me to stay home on Mother's Day Sunday while he takes all of the kids to church. {Do you realize just how rare it is that I am home alone???} And it's wonderful.

We have had our eyes on St. George for weeks, but each weekend, they have not been a great deal better off than we- as far as a sun and warmth go. Don't get me wrong, they had 60's when we had 50's, but 60's isn't really get-naked-by-the-pool temperatures. Anyway, so Tuesday, I saw the weather and the weekend was looking GOOD! I finally scored with Priceline and got a room. I was pretty excited. A 3 start place for $44 (before tax). It even ended up having a balcony with a straight shot of the Temple.

Anyway, it was a wonderful Saturday FULL of a shopping spree like I have NEVER taken before. I am the proud new mother of a Bosch. It left me nauseated and queasy and shaky when I bought it. Not to mention the clothes and purse that I bought before that big purchase. Okay, the purse was actually the only thing I purchased after that....for myself. Seriously, I have never done this.


Mother's Day was beyond fabulous. And I was even home to make dinner and do the dishes.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find something to mix.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

How's this for a throw back "You go girl!" I'm so proud of you for getting something for yourself! :D