Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's been mass, total, complete chaos around here for more than a week. I'm not sure I even remember when it all started. Before the picture of me on the backhoe. Sewer problems hit us and have been on-going for two weeks or more. Very irritating. I think they are fixed now. Cross your fingers for us on that front. Oh, and don't call plumbers around here, they are useless. Just call Will. I am so thankful he is able to take care of things. By next month, he may quit his job and just be a handyman for hire.

In addition to that, I had this brilliant idea to remodel our ugly, old, ugly kitchen. The cabinets got here about a week after the backhoe incident. Will hasn't had a minute of down time in weeks. They, the cabinets, are looking good. And we are currently waiting on the counter tops. It's taking forever and I will never remodel a kitchen again. I fear this project will take me clear in to the fall by the time I get the back splash and ceiling finished. But, don't get me wrong, I do NOT by any means- want the old kitchen back! I just wish it didn't cost so much money.

It was bad timing for the sewer problems to hit at the same time and this remodel. We will be eating beans and rice for months. That is, once the kitchen has a functional oven/stove and running water again.

That's what's been going on around here. Sorry, if you have stopped by and witnessed the mess. I'll post a beautiful picture when things are complete.....

1 comments:

Fab Five said...

That's good to know that Will is handy. Because Jason is NOT!! I hope you survive your remodel. I need to stop by and see since I only live about 1/2 block away! Great neighbor I am!